The other day we found a surprise in our garden, a little white violet blooming among all of the other plants that are getting ready for a long winter's nap. Violets are usually one of the first plants to bloom in early spring, but there it was pointing to signs of new life in the fall when everything else in the garden is pointing to death. A long winters nap may be good for plants, but it's not good for God's people. Last month we reflected on the importance of our Reformed Doctrinal Distinctives. This month we were reminded of just how important the teaching of sound doctrine is in light of the results of the 2018 State of Theology Survey from Ligonier which reveals "deep confusion about the Bible's teaching, not only among Americans as a whole, but also among evangelicals." We are so very thankful for the work being done here. This past Sunday evening Pastor Mark reminded us of the power of Christ's blood and the redemption that it purchased as he preached on the doctrine of Limited Atonement and the things that Christ did for His sheep, His people, His bride, His church:
*He gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds. Titus 2:14
* For if, when we were enemies of God, we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life! Romans 5:10
* But now He has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy, unblemished, and blameless in His presence— Colossians 1:22
* He did not enter by the blood of goats and calves, but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, thus securing eternal redemption. Hebrews 9:12
* who gave Himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, Galatians 1:4
* God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21
* how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify our consciences from works of death, so that we may serve the living God! Hebrews 9:14
Here at West Tennessee Reformed, we are concerned about the state of the American Evangelical Church. The test results are in, some are a bit anemic and sleepy and in need of a blood transfusion to wake her from that long winter's nap she's been taking. She needs a Modern Day Reformation:
Our mission is to see West Tennessee grow in her understanding of God and his Word and to see God’s people return to a faith that is richer, deeper, and more biblical than what is being offered in many churches today. We want to be a church of honor and integrity, a church whose worship is simple and reverent, whose preaching is expository, whose service is sacrificial, whose community has a greater sense of Christ and of belonging in his body, and a church who wants to reach the lost and to see God glorified.
We are so very thankful for the opportunity we have been provided with to help build a strong, faithful, Reformed church centered around the preaching of God's Word, The Holy Bible, which strengthens us and centers our fellowship with one another in Christ. Please join us in praising God for New Life in Christ and for the good news Pastor Mark brought to us this month: His work with us will continue on past January, he will be coming to Adamsville on the last Sunday of every month for another 6 months! Please also continue to keep the Adamsville work in your prayers, asking the Lord to bless our efforts, that they would bring fruit.
We would love to have you join us, come as you are (Romans 5:8).
We meet every Wednesday evening at 7pm and every Sunday evening at 5pm for Bible study.
Pastor Mark holds informal worship services on the last Sunday of every month at 5pm.
We meet at 1st Presbyterian Church in Adamsville, TN 328 Old Stage Rd
Sound Doctrine, it's what's for dinner this month at West Tennessee Reformed where we feast on Christ and His word on the atonement. Pastor Mark's sermon from this month "A Particular & Powerful Redemption" is available on our YouTube channel and can be viewed here-
.......Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. Ephesians 5:25
West Tennessee Reformed is a conservative Presbyterian church planting effort where Christ is preached consistently and where God speaks powerfully through his written word, The Holy Bible.